Display Screen Workstation Assessment
"The assessment of a computer workstation and its surrounding environment with a view to identifying health risks and recommending necessary adjustments."
- reduces risk to employees of developing ill-health associated with using computers at work
- ensures your company comply with the Display Screen Equipment Regulations (1992, revised 2002)
- reduces sickness absence
- maintains productivity
- maintains employee morale
Keys to success
- conduct initial assessment at commencement of an employee using a computer workstation
- reassessment when changes are made to workstation or equipment
- annual reassessments
- early referral of any health problems to an Occupational Health professional
- empowering in-house assessors to refer all health issues to an Occupational Health expert
- release in-house assessors from the burden of managing health problems by the use of an Occupational Health professional
Quercus Occupational Health are able to provide Display Screen Workstation assessments in a number of formats.
- Individual or Collective Display Screen Equipment Workstation Assessments are available. They include a detailed teaching element; appropriate on-the-spot workstation alterations; a report offering professional medical and practical recommendations and guidance with reasonable adjustments.
- In cases of known health problems an Individual Workstation Assessment would be required.
- With open plan offices it is possible to carry out 4-5 Workstation Assessments together.
- Home-workers' Workstations will be Assessed at home at a time to suit the individual.
- There will be continuing support and advice on the health risks associated with and caused by, poor layout of a Workstation.
Display Screen Workstation Assessor Training (On-Site)
- With a large number of employees requiring Workstation Assessments a cost effective way to carry these out is to have a small number of employees trained up as Display Screen Equipment Workstation Assessors.
- This would enable in-house Workstation Assessments to be carried out by your own trained staff therefore keeping costs down.
- The training is carried out on-site which allows for immediate expert medical input when being practically assessed.
Contact Quercus Occupational Health Services for more information.