Sickness Absence Management"The active management and fundamental understanding of sickness absence, with the aim of reducing overall sickness absence rate and maximizing the success rate for return to work."
Keys to success
- Early intervention - it is well documented that the longer an employee is off sick the less likely they are to return to work. There is growing evidence that 6 weeks represents a watershed beyond which an employee's mental and physical health begins to deteriorate significantly
- Professional support - by using Occupational Health specialists you are able to remove the Health Assessment burden from HR and line managers
- Workplace adjustments - reasonable adjustments to the working environment will reduce the risk of similar ill-health recurring
- Graded return to work plan - allows the employee to make the transition back to work at a manageable pace
Sickness Absence Case Management
- We will carry out 1-1 Occupational Health Assessments at the employee's home
- We will contact the necessary agencies or Specialists on your behalf requesting appropriate and pertinent medical information
- We will produce a comprehensive report detailing recommendations which will include fitness for work, reasonable adjustments and a Graded Return to Work plan.
- We will support you in meeting your legal obligations under the Disability Discrimination Act, the Data Protection Act, Working Time Regulations, Health & Safety at Work Act and others
- We will provide continuing support for dealing with all types of Sickness Absence
Sickness Absence prevention
- Workplace Risk Assessments (e.g. Workstation Assessments) can identify work/ill-health issues that may require reasonable adjustments to employees' environment and working practices. In making these adjustments companies will prevent several cases of sickness absence.
Contact Quercus Occupational Health Services for more information.