What is Occupational Health?
- Occupational Health is a unique branch of Health Care dealing primarily with the health of employees at work.
- It considers the effect that work and the workplace has on an employees performance, health and reliability.
- It is about ensuring potential employees are fit to do the job they are employed to do and that their health will allow them to give the employer an effective and reliable service.
- It reduces Sickness Absence rates and enables employees to return to work sooner than they otherwise might have, by planning appropriate rehabilitation programmes and ensuring they are actively managed and supported.
- It is a tool by which employees' health in relation to their working environment is regularly monitored and appropriate action for ill-health prevention is recommended and adopted.
- It supports companies with their obligations to meet the many regulations relating to Occupational Health and Health Surveillance.
Contact Quercus Occupational Health Services for more information.